At Alante, we back innovative companies along the apparel supply chain, and connect them with retailers & established brands looking to actively integrate sustainability into their businesses.
We seek out early-stage companies with high-quality teams that are solving critical issues in apparel production that operate in Latin America & the United States of America.
We invest across the apparel supply chain, from the field to the rack, including in companies across the following verticals:
- Clean technologies for textile development, dying, processing, manufacturing, waste recovery and conversion
- All-natural raw materials, dyes, and processing solutions
- Sustainable shipping and packaging
- Technologies to improve management and distribution systems and to strengthen the eco-system
- Emerging ethical fashion brands
If a company seeking investment capital falls into one of our verticals, we will assess them upon the initial criteria:
- Talented & committed management teams with local leadership in the geography where it operates and a deep understanding of the problem that they are working to solve.
- A unique product offering that will advance the sector & solve critical social and/or environmental problems in the apparel industry.
- Viable business models with a large market opportunity, some revenue and initial traction, a clear pathway to scale, and the potential to generate solid returns within their market.
- The ability to track & measure the social, economic & environmental impacts.
Alante invests in scalable companies that significantly improve the working conditions & livelihoods of the working poor, & reduce the negative environmental impacts of apparel production.
We measure and track social & environmental impact at the company & portfolio levels:
- Labor: quality job creation & livelihoods, safe working conditions
- Environment: Energy efficiency, reduction of carbon emissions & water usage, improved packaging & shipping, biodegradability, recyclability
- Consumer Consciousness: Consumer access to ethical & sustainable goods
We tailor financing to meet the needs of the companies & the fund’s investors by deploying various types of growth capital. We work hard to ensure that we execute investments in a timely manner, from due diligence to close. In addition to capital, we provide portfolio companies with strategic support.
We work with companies to redesign or strengthen their operations in preparation for scale. We ensure systems are in place, & hiring & capital expansion plans are prepared.
We work with companies to improve how their impact is tracked. Together we design simple metrics that say a lot. We work to ensure that metric collection is imbedded into their operations so that it can be easily tracked & measured over time.
We work with companies to ensure that they are ready to raise additional capital, & then make key introductions to later stage & strategic investors.
Access to Markets
When companies are ready to grow their customer base, we connect them to established brands and retailers, facilitate small-batch purchase orders, campaigns, & partnerships.
We are committed to bringing stakeholders together to scale innovations in supply chain reform. Working with our portfolio companies, established brands can test and adopt the solutions that the early-stage companies are bringing to market; such as improvements in resource efficiency (e.g. reducing carbon emissions, water usage), sourcing of natural or recycled fibers, adaptation of closed-loop waste recovery programs, improvement of transparency, &/or support quality job creation across their value chain.
We believe that it takes an eco-system of actors working together to bring about systemic change. If you are interested in partnering or learning more, we'd love to hear from you.